We live, and practice our craft, in a world where everyone has instant access to a wealth of information from computers, phones, and other mobile devices. People expect to find businesses and organizations online. Your fire/rescue organization is no different. Your fire department needs a website to remain relevant and accessible. Here’s a few reasons why:
- A Fire Department website helps you connect with the public. Now, more than ever, those we serve expect us to communicate with them in a relevant and meaningful way. The public (those folks that pay your salary and/or provide your equipment) want to know who you are and what you are all about. A website is an excellent way to provide access to the information they want, when they want it.
- A Fire Department website improves communication. Websites are great places to share information with your firefighters and the public, from life safety and fire prevention, to fundraisers and training initiatives. Your website can serve as a hub for your communication efforts.
- A Fire Department website allows you to share your history. Have you ever sat around the fire house and looked through old photo albums and letters or listened to an old timer’s stories? Our profession is steeped in tradition and pride. Shouldn’t we share it with our probies, our elected officials, and our taxpayers? A digital history on your website is a very effective way to do just that, and it’s accessible from anywhere in the world, on demand.
- A Fire Department website lets you tell your story. Who do you want telling your story? The bystander with no firefighting experience armed with a cell phone? The commissioner or city councilman that uses you as a political pawn? Remember, you’re the expert. That’s why dispatch calls you when there’s an emergency. Don’t let others tell your story; own it on your website!
- Fire Department websites are relatively cheap. Dollar for dollar, fire department websites are much cheaper than any traditional form of marketing or advertising. You can usually get a fire department website up and running for less than the cost of a few helmets. They are also very flexible and can be changed regularly to remain relevant.
We’re not just consultants. We’re your brothers. We know what you’re thinking, “Sure, public relations and marketing firms are great, but they aren’t firefighters.” Well, in addition to being enthusiastic about web development and digital marketing, we have years of experience in the volunteer fire service, where we’ve served as firefighters, board members, and officers. This gives us a unique perspective and an advantage among other digital marketing agencies. We understand the ins and outs of this business, how it affects the public, and how interaction with your community can work for your benefit. It has never been easier, or cheaper, to connect with your community. With a decrease in resources (human and financial), lower recruitment and retention rates, and a public that is armed with a cell phone camera at every incident we respond to, you cannot ignore the opportunity to get your message out there. No one can tell your story better than you!
Will you help my fire department with our website? Absolutely! We’d love to help you develop a web presence or tune up your existing fire department website. We can also help your fire department with logo design and social media. Contact us today and let us know how we can give you the edge!