Let’s face it, researching keywords as part of your effort to improve search ranking isn’t exactly at the top of your list of fun things to do. Just figuring out how to start can be a daunting task. Here are a few free tools that can help you in your search for great keywords:
- Google Trends. Google Trends visualizes how search trends change over time. It also has a built-in tool to help you see related searches for a chosen keyword. Simply enter a keyword and you will see the relative popularity of that search term over the past 12 months.
- Google Correlate. Another useful tool from Google. It finds search patterns that correspond with real-world trends, and can help you find terms that may not have been obvious to you.
- AdWord and SEO Keyword Permutation Generator. This tool takes multiple lists of keywords and organizes them into every possible arrangement. Add your keywords to the three lists and it will arrange them into combinations you may not have thought of.
- Wordtracker Scout. A Chrome extension that pulls out the most relevant keywords on a page. This can help you identify prominent keywords on pages that are performing well. Use the extension while browsing any site and it will give you a word cloud of the keywords used on that page.
- Keywords Everywhere. This is another free add-on for Google Chrome that gives you stats for search volume, CPC and competition data. This turns your casual browsing into keyword research. Every time you search, it shows data related to your search term.
Yes, keyword research takes time and effort. However, it is time well spent that will help your website perform better in search engine results. These free tools will help you choose the best keywords for your website. Look for more tips in our next edition.
Want more tips and how-to articles to help take your business marketing to the next level? Please subscribe to get future editions of our newsletter, “The Edge.” Stuff you need to know, delivered once a month. No SPAM, no bull, unsubscribe at any time. Sign up at http://eepurl.com/gdjrIj.