The beginning of the year is a great time to perform a 10-minute audit of your website. And you can do it yourself! Here’s a checklist:
- Does it load quickly? Your website should load completely in under a few seconds.
- Can the spam. One of the most annoying things about managing a website is dealing with the constant bombardment of annoying comments and links to random websites. This is also a huge turn off for your visitors.
- Click your links. Yes, all of them. Make sure they work and that they point visitors where they are supposed to go.
- Proofread. Check grammar and spelling in all your content. Nothing screams “I don’t know what I’m doing” more than misspelled words and sentences that don’t make sense.
- Check images and videos. Make sure all the pages load properly and images/videos show in the right place.
- Give yourself a high-five. Congratulations! If you’ve made it this far, you’ve already outworked 90% of your competition.
Take a little time to do these few things and you will be on your way to rocking your website in 2019.
Want more tips and how-to articles to help take your business marketing to the next level? Please subscribe to get future editions of our newsletter, “The Edge.” Stuff you need to know, delivered once a month. No SPAM, no bull, unsubscribe at any time. Sign up at http://eepurl.com/gdjrIj.